Saturday, July 4, 2009

Friends


Setting off for Liverpool

As an addendum to last week's post about beer, I had a great time with my friends last weekend and hopefully they all enjoyed it too.

As well as drinking most of the beer, we also went to Liverpool on the Saturday and spent much of the day in different parts of the Albert Dock: Steve and I went to the Tate gallery (which currently features work by Sol LeWitt, who incidentally also has a piece on the Princeton University campus) as well as seeing some great prints by Carol Lander in the Whistlefish Gallery. The others visited the Beatles Experience (which Kyle and I had already seen last year). This was followed by a drink at the Pumphouse and dinner at Nandos, which sadly left no time for a Mersey boat trip (maybe next time), but at least they also got to see something of Warrington.

I was sad to see everyone go on Sunday - it seems that we don't see each other as often as we would like - but clearing up afterwards I found some solace in this inspiring message from my Friday evening fortune cookie:

Fortune cookie message

So I'll drink to that and look forward to seeing them again soon!


(With thanks to Stephen for his photo of us on the way to Liverpool.)

No comments: