Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'm gonna miss your love, the minute you walk out that door


Informal engagement picture (AKA DSC02925)

I took Kyle to the airport this morning so she could fly back to New Jersey after a week here in the UK. We had a really fun week and I'm feeling sad now that she's gone back, although that's the way of things and we'll see each other in a few months time when I go back to the US again.

We had a pretty full trip, which included a visit to Southport as well as meeting with my folks and with some mutual friends here in Warrington. Kyle is a champion blogger and diligently wrote up our adventures each night before bed - start here and work backwards if you'd like to read her posts (she also has some great pictures on Flickr).

Since we didn't get around to taking any engagement photos when we were together in January, Kyle decided that we should do an informal photoshoot last night, using her classic "mirror photography" technique. She posted the results on Flickr too. I liked quite a few of them and in fact have stolen one to head up this post, on account of not taking any pictures of her while she was here (oops).

It's pretty quiet here without her now (and not the good kind of quiet, if you know what I mean). It's great to share your space with someone that you love, and be able to do a lot of fun things together. So the drive back was a little sad. But I have great memories of our time together and I'm looking forward to seeing her again soon. Thanks for coming here Kyle - love you baby!

No comments: