Monday, February 9, 2009

Me and KDB


Me with Superlambanana

Hopefully by now everyone that I know has found out personally from me or Kyle that we are officially engaged (there's a ring and everything!) and that we've started the K1 fiancee visa application that will ultimately allow us to get married in the US and live there as husband and wife. Yaay! (and apologies if I know you and this turns out to be the first that you knew. Sorry.)

Kyle has already written an excellent blog posting about our engagement and the gory details of the visa application process - so if you'd like to know the ins and outs then I'll direct you there rather than trying to rehash them now. Suffice to say that it looks like it will take a while - a long while (as in, 10 to 14 months long) - as well as involving the collection of a whole bunch of documents.

However this girl is worth it, and then some - she's like no-one else I know and I'm so happy that after 5 years of transatlantic to-ing and fro-ing, that she finally said yes to getting married and being together for the rest of our lives. Having her in my life makes it feel richer and more meaningful, and I think that as well as sharing a common outlook on life, wordplay and miming to muzak in the supermarket aisles on a Saturday night, we are also able to bring out the best in each other.

We both know that it won't always be smooth sailing, and right now the process seems very long, but I'm excited about our future beyond that, and I know that after all this time that we can make it work. I love you Kyle!

At least now the process is started - Kyle recieved the USCIS filing receipt for the petition today - and we have a little time still to plan our wedding on the Jersey Shore!

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Awww baby! I feel lucky and happy too! Biggest muahs ever! I love you!