Sunday, November 29, 2009

Bye-bye Baby


Kyle!

Rainy Sunday, sigh... I got back from dropping Kyle off at the airport a few hours ago at the end of a wonderful week of having her here, and I'm feeling a bit sad. The flight status page on the airline's website shows that she's already halfway across the Atlantic, which seems more than a bit strange when I think that less than 4 hours ago we were still together (isn't modern technology - like planes and the internet - wonderful, and also slightly alarming like that?).

Although a week is always far too short, it was fantastic to have her here and I'm thankful that she made the trip at all - I'm grateful for all the time that we got to spend together. Kyle is a great documenter of her life, so for details of what we got up to (along with pictures!) I'd recommend checking out her blog (starting here). But mainly I'll remember just spending time together, having fun and just laughing so much together at the silliest things (LOLcats, anyone?).

So yes, I'm feeling a little sad here on my own right now without her. But when I think of the great time that we had together I feel better, and I know that I'll see her again soon. Love you Baby!

No comments: